Well trained experienced teachers are appointed as well as along with external lecturers are appointed for Anatomy, Physiology, English, Psychology and Pharmacology, Pathology, Genetic, Microbiology and Biochemistry & Nutrition. As per INC syllabus, time table is planned, periodical tests, Clinical Teaching and Clinical presentation are conducted. Guidance and counseling was given every week by the trained personnel. Theory hours are fulfilled as per INC syllabus.
- Classroom Lectures/Discussion with latest AV aids
- Written Assignments
- Evidenced board learning
- Problem based learning
- Demonstration by the teacher
- Return demonstration by the students
- Bedside clinical teaching
- Case study, Case Presentation, Nursing care plan, Health talk etc
- Group Project
- Research Project
- Panel discussion
- Incidental teaching
Sri Narayani Hospital and Research Centre is 250 bedded Multi specialty hospital with general ICU, Neonate ICU,HDU,Medical ICU, Dialysis and other speciality units cardiology, Nephrology, Neurology, ENT, EYE, Dental, are available along with general Surgical, Medical,Orthopaedic, Gynecology and Maternity, Pediatric patients,Diabetology Dept Detmatology Dept, Psychisctric Dept,Aurvedic Dept are available. The Hospital is well equipped with all labs like CT scan, ultra sound, x-ray,biochemistry,pathology,microbiology and clinical pathology,physiotheraphy,Treadmill, Echo, ECG, Blood Bank and Endoscopies ,Pharmacy are available, where students are gaining their clinical experience as per INC requirement. Students are posted in Operation Theatre. Clinical Evaluation is done periodically
To see the current trends are use and helps the students to implements in their practice.
- Water Treatment Plant & Sewage Treatment Plant.
- Vellore Dairy(AAvin)
- Catering Institute.
- Disposable of Waste Management.
- Visually Challenged School
- Geriatric Home
- Slaughter House
- Special School
- Anatomy Lab(Adugamparai)
- BDO Officer
- Inferitility Centre
Community Health Experience
Community Health Nursing Department covers Both Rural & Urban Health care services.The overall objective is designed to practice community health nursing for the individual, family & groups at urban and Rural settings.Department covers Rural population of about 1, 24, 446, population of all age groups. Total number of villages served is 12.Urban services covers two urban health centres & its villages. Departmental Research is also been conducted every year by faculty and students at different settings.
- Primary Health Centre activities – General OPD, Morbidity Clinic, MCH, Dental, Eye services siddha clinic
- Primary health centre out reach services
- Immunization for children, Antenatal mothers every Wednesday.
- Emergency care
- Referral services
- Eye camps routinely conducted
- Screening for non communicable diseases
- Blood donation camps
- Awareness canrpaign on family welfare
- Maternal & child health services – Antenatal, Intranatal & Post Natal services.
- Conducting health camps
- Organizing mass education programmes
- Runs various clinics like Reproductive & child health, STD clinic, leprosy clinic.
- Health survey & Health assessment
- Treatment of minor ailments.
- Conducting & participating in school health programmes
- Participating in all National health & family welfare programmes.
- Family care – Home visit, providing health services to all members in the
familyHealth teaching & counseling.
Various audio visual Aids including Audio and Video System ,DVD, LCD projector, OHP, slide projector, Tape recorder, Television & Walky-talky, Mike,Collor Mike, cassettes on various subjects are kept.
Spacious Library with 4000 books on various subjects are available. Foreign online journals like American Journal of Nursing, Journal of pediatric nursing, Journal of community health nursing, Journal of obstetrics and gynecological nursing, Journal of nursing education, Journal of nursing administration, Journal of psycho social and mental health nursing ,Indian Journals published by Tamil Nadu nurses and midwives council 6 journals, Holistic Nursing, The Nursing journal of India, Herald of health, Indian journal of pediatrics, Indian journal of Public health, Indian journal of continuing nursing education, The Nurse journal. University news, Yojana and two English Newspapers are available. Adequate seating arrangements with lighting and ventilation are provided. The library attached with the computers with net connection to use for the students and staffs.