Nursing Research Activities
- All the four courses run under the SNCON participate eagerly in Nursing Rearch.
- The M.Sc (N) students select a researchable problem from their area of interest which will be clinically base and contributing to the professional growth.
- Baic B.Sc(N) &PB.B.Sc Nursing students take up group projects for their fulfillment of nursing research requirements and with periodic from the nursing research and clinical specialty experts, follow the rigorous research process.
- Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery students who take up a 3 ½ years courses, who participate in nursing research project.
- In the last 6 month of their course, students take up group projects and conduct rigorous nursing research under the guidance of experience faculty.
- Community Health Nursing Department covers Both Rural & Urban Health are services.
Master health check up is done to identify any health problem and Injection- hepatitis ‘B’vaccine is given on free of cost to all students followed with Booster dose. Minor health problems are taken care by the staff student health doctor. If they are sick, they are admitted and some are given sick leave. Student’s weight are assessed every month.Every year students are going for picnic & educational visit.
Staff Development Program
Every month journal presentations and continuing Nursing education programmes are conducted. Every year college picnic is planned for the staffs. Appropriate health benefits are be availed by staffs. Staffs are sponsored to do paper and poster presentations with in and out of state for updating their professional carrier.Meditation programme and moral classes are conducted.
Students Nurses Association
- The Student Nurse Association ( SNA ) is a nation – wide organization. It was established in 1929 at the time of Annual conference of the Trained Nurses Association of Indian.
- At the unit level we have SNA advisor, vice president, secretary & Treasures. Every year we elect the General committee members. . Every year SNA observes world TB day. World diabetic day, world AIDS day, world environmental day and we celebrate Nurses day. Independence day Teaching day republic day. Christmas, Pongal as a part of the SNA activity. We conduct various competitions both curricular and Students body actively participate in the competitions and wins the prizes. We also have fresher’s day , Lamp lighting, Graduation and Farewell.
- SNA activities provides opportunity for every student to promote team spirit and encourages both professional, and recreational meeting, games and sports.
We Celebrate sports day every year for students and teacher to make the students physically and mentally fit.Daily Indoor and outdoor games Played to Relax and refresh our students. The following games are played regularly.
Programme conducted regularly to bring out their talents and innovating ideas. (Eg) Veg.carving, group songs & group dance, Mime, drumsharads, Best from waste, collage,adaptune,speech competition treasure hunt, Drawing competition, Essay writing, Hair dressing,Kavithari Competation,fancy dress,rangoli,fashion show, personality contest etc winner are awarded with prizes and certificates.
Extra Curricular activities
We are conducting smart board classes seminar, Continuing Nursing education practice, research and administration for UG & PG students. All National and WHO health related programme are conducted thro public education, exhibition, like world Tuberculosis day, Children day, World Aid Day and World diabetic day, Teacher Day etc through this students are helped to learn current trends in nursing field and to implement into practical. Observational visit are made to other colleges in private and Government setup as a part of curriculum requirement other classes are conducted to have self discipline life.
- Temple Visit
- Moral Classes
- Youth Red Cross Activities