The candidates should have Passed B.Sc. Nursing Degree of The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University,Chennai or any other University approved as equivalent there to. Should have registered with the State Registration Council of Nursing and Midwifery.
- Sc. Nursing Graduates should have one year of experience in hospital or teaching in a College or in a School of Nursing or in Community Health Programme after the registration in State Nursing Council.
- Minimum one year of work experience prior or after the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- In case of male candidates, they should have passed any other course recommended by the Indian Nursing Council in the place of Midwifery and those who have studied Midwifery are eligible for admission to Branch III and IV.
- Every candidate before admission to this course shall submit to the Principal of the institution a certificate of Medical Fitness from an authorized Medical Officer that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the Academic Programme.
- Should have obtained 55% of marks in B.Sc.,(Nursing) for all candidates and 50% in the case of SC/ST candidates.